Friday, March 24, 2017

         Optician

Duties and responsibilities : Dispensing opticians help fit eyeglasses and contact lenses, following prescriptions from ophthalmologists and optometrists. They also help customers decide which eyeglass frames or contact lenses to buy.

Salary : $34,840 per year , 16.75 per hour

Education  Opticians typically have a high school diploma or equivalent and some form of on the job training. Some opticians enter the occupation with an associate’s degree or a certificate from a community college or technical school. About half of the states require opticians to be licensed.

Demand or need for this profession: applicants with opticianry certificates or associate's degrees

Reflection: As i researched this career I found this work field very interesting. I have always been interested in the fashion field and I want to study art once I go to a university.  This career is a very relaxed career and you get paid decent. I do not want to work in the field and it isn't because I don't like it it is simply because I prefer to major in the art and psychology field.

No comments:

Post a Comment